Bio-Connect Diagnostics offers different ranges of rapid diagnostic tests
(RDTs) to provide quick answers to urgent clinicians' needs. Rapid diagnostic tests are accurate, relatively inexpensive and are designed for use at the point-of-care (POC), which makes testing easy prior to treatment saving money and avoiding side-effects in people who did not need to be treated. Below you can find some of the suppliers that we represent which have products in this category.Advantage of Rapid Diagnostic Tests
Difference between ELISA and a Rapid Diagnostic Test
- High quality, easy-to-use tests.
- Quick to perform (10 minutes to 2 hours).
- Require little or no additional equipment which makes them cheap and really suitable in resource poor settings.
- Are designed for use with individual or a limited number of samples, which make them more economical than ELISAs in low throughput laboratories.
- Possibility to store at room temperature for extended period of time.
- Same-day results provide timely treatment interventions.
ELISAs are highly sensitive and specific, and are most of the time able to detect a specific variant of a target. They require sophisticated equipment that must be regularly maintained, a constant electricity supply and skilled technicians. They are developed for testing large numbers of samples per day, as well as in blood banks or for surveillance studies. The rapid diagnostic tests are better for emergency testing, and in smaller laboratories with low numbers of tests per day.